Sage 50 Quantum comes in 5, 10,15, 20, 30, 40 user editions.
Achieve More Every Day
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting 2014 is the perfect combination of affordability and functionality for your business.
|Reduce your total cost of ownership without sacrificing functionality|
|Don’t pay for functionality you don’t need or use|
|Get industry-specific functionality for construction, distribution, and manufacturing|
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps you manage all aspects of your business, including accounting, customers, inventory, services, jobs and employees—all in one centralized system. Plus, we wrap Sage 50 Quantum Accounting in Sage Business Care1, an auto-renewing service plan that provides unlimited access2 to support, automatically delivered upgrades, and more. You get ongoing service and support you can trust while reducing the time, effort, and cost of operating your business.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting Features Overview
Sage 50 Quantum is a total business management solution that provides guidance, insights, and tools to help you achieve your business ambitions. See how Sage 50 Quantum helps you manage your business with confidence.
Manage Your Money
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting is designed to be fully compliant with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), with features and checkpoints that provide the accuracy and security to run your business with peace of mind. Plus, it comes with analysis and reporting tools that give you insights that lead to ideas and innovation.
Real, double-entry accounting for numbers that add up
Double-entry accounting provides for accounts that are accurate and in balance. Sage 50 Quantum Accounting customers retain control over the bookkeeping process through the use of Accounting Periods and G/L Accounts, including accounting periods that can be locked so that the administrator can select who can edit transactions in prior periods.
Audit trails to track user activity and deter fraud
With the audit trail, Sage 50 Quantum Accounting can maintain a record of details associated with every transaction. Some of the information maintained in the audit trail includes who entered a transaction and when; who changed a transaction, when the change was made and what the change was; and who deleted a transaction and when. In addition, the audit trail tracks when each user logs on and off the system and what additions, changes, and deletions were made to master file information.
Find accounting errors with up to 15 different checks of the data with the Internal Accounting Review
Up to 15 checks of your data are performed by the Internal Accounting Review process in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting. These checks look for suspicious transactions and common accounting mistakes and give the user advice on correcting the transactions.
Pay your bills electronically with Sage 50 Online Bill Pay
Use a simple two-step process to pay your bills electronically. With this service, there’s no need to write checks, stuff envelopes, apply postage, or copy invoices. Plus, you can improve cash flow management by scheduling the exact day when money is transferred from your account for more accurate payables processing and reconciling. And there is no limit on the number of vendors you can pay. Put down the checkbook and go back to running your business—it’s a great way to save time, money…and trees!
Manage Your Business
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting offers helpful tools to optimize your business processes, manage resources, track projects, tasks, and time, and put your business in the best possible position for improved profitability and sustainable growth. And, if inventory is part of your business, you can count on Sage 50 Quantum to have your back with its powerful inventory and workflow management tools.
Inventory / Vendor Management Software
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps you manage the delicate balance between too much inventory and not enough. The true cost of carrying inventory, such as storage, insurance and taxes, can have a significant impact on your business’s profitability.
Inventory Tracking and Replenishment
- Create and track inventory items based on user defined attributes such as size, color, style, and more.
- Maintain accurate Quantity on Hand information by reserving inventory requested on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Automatically create purchase order to replenish inventory when inventory reaches a predetermined level. It’s also possible to create purchase orders from sales orders and invoices.
Inventory Pricing and Multiple Costing Methods
- Establish up to 10 different, customizable price levels per item. It’s easy to update prices by a specific dollar amount or percentage.
- Apply a pricing change to a handful of items or everything in inventory. Apply price increases or decreases globally, rounding prices to a specific cent or dollar amount.
- Choose among the Average, LIFO, FIFO, and Specific Unit inventory costing methods.
Additional Inventory/Vendor Management features & benefits:
- Serialized Item Tracking & Costing
- Warranty Tracking
- Quantity Discounting
- Just-in-Time Purchasing Flexibility
- Assembly History Tracking
- Storing of additional inventory attributes
- Commissionable Item Tracking
- Drop Shipments
- Master stock and sub item tracking
- Work Ticket Tracking
The Job and Project Management Center allows you to see the various components of a job from one convenient spot, and give you the complete job picture—from start to finish.
- Quickly access frequently used job tasks on the intuitive dashboard
- Track projects at the job level, job/phase or job/phase/cost code level
- Format job IDs and cost codes with up to 20 alphanumeric characters
- Track an unlimited number of user-definable cost and phase categories
- Track estimated and actual schedule dates
- Create unlimited user-definable job status codes with visual “stop light” indicators
- Make notes and attach documents to your jobs
- Closely track Change Orders and their approvals to make sure each job remains profitable
- Track subcontractor insurance such as general liability and workman’s comp.
Flexible Billing and Job Costing Capabilities:
- Track expense and revenue project totals by job, phase, and cost code by year, quarter, month, week, or specific accounting period
- Track actual and committed job costs and revenues to always know job profitability throughout the project
- Apply Labor Burden rates for employees at the Job or Company level
- Progress Billing for % of Contract or % of Completion
- Ability to withhold retainage1 per the contract terms
Create reports on the fly using the interactive job reporting and output to Excel, Adobe PDF or email. Many job reports can be customized to your needs, such as, Retainage, Job Profitability, Job Ledger details, or Work in Progress. Create your own job reports using Crystal Reports® 2008.
The Order Process Workflow system in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting keeps everyone informed in real time of all the details in your sales and purchase processes, so that anyone with approved access can instantly know where your order is, when it’s due, who’s handling it, or what the problem with it is. You can customize triggers, steps and statuses that are crucial to your company.
- Keep track of all the moving parts of your order process so nothing gets missed and everything moves along as planned.
- Notify the next person in the process with a status and specific notes as needed.
- Have one centralized place to keep track of all the work involved in the process, or see just your own tasks.
- Automatically send notifications to designated employees/customers/vendors once a task is completed.
- My Inbox on My Dashboard monitors the status of a user’s processes and transactions, and allows them to take action.
Manage Your Employees and Customers
Keeping track of and communicating with employees and customers is critical to your business. Sage 50 Quantum helps you nurture your relationships with these important people with tools that help you manage the financial side (payroll, quotes, invoices, etc.) and communications (email marketing, management centers, and security) with ease and confidence.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting can help you organize, automate, and synchronize customer-related business processes, as well as reduce the costs of marketing and customer service.
Customer Management Center
- Create a customizable dashboard view of your customers’ information, such as converted and unconverted quotes, invoices, receipts, time tickets, aged balances, items and services sold, and more.
- Save time by looking up customers quickly, based on their ID, phone number, or any of their contact information.
- Easily export customer information to Microsoft Excel or PDF, or launch an email from the Customer Management Center.
NEW! Integrated Sage E-Marketing9
Easily create, send, and track marketing emails to your Sage 50 contacts; FREE 60-day trial included.
ACT! Integration3 provides access to customer information in an instant
With Sage ACT! Link for 50, customers can easily synchronize key data between their Sage 50 Quantum Accounting solution and Sage ACT! contact and customer management solution. You’ll have the details of your customers and vendors such as credit information, current balance, last invoice and payment, open quotes, sales orders, receipts, and more, right at your fingertips!
Store an unlimited number of customer contacts and keep track of details like contacts’ titles, phone numbers, email address, and specify the ship-to addresses.
Open Multiple Companies2
Get your work done faster by being able to open and work in multiple companies. Toggle between companies in just one click without closing your current company.
1 There is a maximum of 20 ship to addresses and 1 billing address per customer. Only 2 contacts per customer can be synced with Outlook.
2 When opening more than one company, performance is not impacted, however, you will experience reduced product functionality in those companies opened after the first one.
3 Internet access required. Must have a license for Sage ACT! 2009, 2010, or 2011.
Save time and reduce errors by keeping track of your employee information in one place. Maintain detailed employee records, such as hiring data, demographic information, emergency contacts, performance reviews, and more.
- Keep track of employee time – or have each employee track his/her own time – for payroll and job costing.
- Track common employee benefits and deductions based on your company’s needs for more reliable accounting.
- Setup automated email alerts to be notified when important dates are coming up, such as I-9 reverification, performance reviews, or birthdays.
- Manage payroll yourself from within Sage 50 Quantum Accounting or choose from payroll services that include print-n-sign tax forms, e-filing, direct deposit, and even full service outsourced payroll.1
1 Subject to approval. Additional fees, Internet access and credit card required. Not Available with Sage 50 First Accounting.
More users mean more security concerns. Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps ensure security of your sensitive data, and lets you control which users have access to which data and features.
Role Based Security
Role-based security controls allow for screen-level and report group access control. Administrators can select from more than 100 specific areas to give Add, Edit, View-Only, or No Access rights to each user. You can even block access to key navigation screens.
- Accommodates 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 licensed, named users1
- Optimized database capacity2
- Send notifications to other users that they need to log out, or if necessary, manually log them out
Speed and Performance
SmartPosting is a Windows service that manages the posting of transactions independently of the client workstation. It saves times because you can continue to add and save transactions without having to wait for the posting to finish, plus it alerts you to errors or problems since the SmartPosting Manager monitors the state of the service running in the background.
Schedule your company’s backup to run recurring and automatically during non-business hours.
Sage Peachtree Online Backup
Fast, secure, efficient backups of your financial data and other business critical files such as documents, Excel spreadsheets and email. Automatically schedule backups. Access your data from the Web on any computer.
Industry Specific Functionality
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting offers features for companies in industries such as Manufacturing, Distribution, Construction, and Nonprofit.
Recommended System Configuration
- 2.8 GHz processor for the workstation and 3.4 GHz processor for a Quantum Server
- 2 GB of RAM for the workstation and Server
Minimum System Requirements
- 2 GHz processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista®® SP1, Windows 7, or Windows 8, with the latest updates from Microsoft installed
- 1 GB of disk space for installation
- Internet Explorer 7.0 required; Internet Explorer 8.0 and 9.0 supported
- Microsoft® .NET Framework CLR 4.0. Requires an additional 280 MB to 610 MB
- At least high color (16 bit) SVGA video; Supports 1024×768 resolution with small fonts required
- All online features/services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps modem
- Excel®, Outlook® and Word integration requires Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Outlook Sync supported in Exchange 2000 SP2, 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Printers supported by Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- In-product demos require Macromedia® Flash™ Player
- Additional 25MB available hard disk space is required to install Guided Tour
- Adobe® Reader® 9.0 required
- Crystal Reports® 2008 SP1. Requires an additional 300 MB of available disk space
- Multi-user mode is optimized for Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 client-server networks, and Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 peer-to-peer networks
- A maximum of 40 licensed named users are allowed. A named user account is granted a license when selected in the user maintenance screen
- Windows 2003 or 2008 Server along with Remote Desktop Connection or Remote Desktop Web Connection client is required to run in a Windows Terminal Services environment. No more than 40 named users
- A maximum of 40 licensed named users are allowed. A named user account is granted a license when selected in the user maintenance screen
- 1 GB of disk space for installation of components on the server
- Customer registration and acceptance of the End-User License Agreement for Sage 50 Accounting Products