Sage 50 U.S. Edition
Customize the Size of the Sections
You can change the number of rows that display in the sections on the Management Centers. This allows you to customize the size of the sections on these dashboards.
Click the Customize link in the top right corner of a section of the dashboard to choose how many rows you want to display in that section.
Note: If you have more data than the specified number of rows, the section will have a scroll bar so you can see all of the information.
New Totals Row on the Sections
You can now see column totals on the last row of each section on the Management Centers.
- The date range drop-down menu always starts at the top of the date list making it easy to locate common date ranges such as Today and All.
- You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to control each Management Center’s scroll bar.
- Various buttons, links, and labels have been changed to make the available functions easier to find and use.
Sage Simply Accounting
The Dashboard is a business management tool that allows you to monitor the health of your business by offering a variety of business data in one place. Instead of text-based reports, the Dashboard offers you a visual snapshot of your company’s performance and activities that impact your company goals, so that you can make informed decisions in a timely manner.
Widgets are individual graphs, charts, and lists in the Dashboard. Not only do they display information relevant to the success of small businesses, but some widgets have drill-down capabilities so that you can view reports related to these widgets.
Sage Simply Accounting Dashboard has the following widgets:
- Account Balances. Displays active accounts and their balances for cash, receivables, and payables. Use this widget to know how much cash your business has, what is owed to your business, and what your business owes.
- Aged Sales Invoices. Displays the invoice amounts owed to your company based on the aging periods that you’ve set up in Sage Simply Accounting.
- Aged Purchase Invoices. Displays the amounts that are owed to your vendors based on the aging periods that you’ve set up in Sage Simply Accounting.
- Items on Order. Displays the number of items currently recorded on sales orders or back-ordered in sales invoices, and the number of items currently recorded on purchase orders or back-ordered in purchase invoices. Use this widget to quickly see how many items you have on sales orders, and decide if you have enough inventory to fill your orders or whether you should order more.
- Revenue: Year to Date. Shows your company’s net income and how it is derived from your revenues and expenses. Use this widget to determine how well your business is doing year-to-date.
To refresh the information displayed in all the widgets, click the Refresh button.
Note: Pie charts are not displayed if the data is made up of zero values. Also, negatives are not included in the pie charts.
Only those users who have already been given rights to reports, records, or transactions for certain modules can see the related widgets.
For example, only users with rights to view the transactions in the Customers and Sales module can view the Aged Sales Invoices widget. The following table lists the rights needed to view a particular widget.